Everything we do as a church, and the reason we exist in the first place, is because of God’s gift of forgiveness through his son Jesus. More than anything else, we want you to know that God loves you and has a plan for your life!
Many spend their lives trying to earn God’s approval by following rules, attending religious services, or being a good person; the truth is that the only way to a fulfilling life and an eternal future in heaven is through a relationship with Jesus Christ.
- We all need God’s forgiveness.Everyone has sinned and needs God’s forgiveness. The bible says that “… all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” (Romans 3:23)That forgiveness is found through Jesus alone. The bible says that “In Him, we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace”. (Ephesians 1:7)
- God’s forgiveness is available to everyone.“For God so loved the world, that He have His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.” (John 3:16)His forgiveness is available, but it is not automatic. Jesus tells us in Matthew 7:21 that “Not everyone who says to me ‘Lord, Lord’ will enter the kingdom of heaven…”.
- It is impossible to get to heaven on our own.“For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.” (Ephesians 2:8-9)
So how can a sinful person have eternal life and enter heaven?
- We must turn (or repent).Turn away from your sin and your self. “Unless you repent, you will all perish as well.” (Luke 13:3)Turn to Jesus alone as your Lord and Savior. “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6)
- Here is the greatest news of all! “If you confess with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord’, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.” (Romans 10:9)What happens if a person is willing to repent of their sins and confess Jesus as their Lord and Savior?
- Heaven. Heaven is a place where we will live with God forever. Jesus said, “If I go away and prepare a place for you, I will come back and receive you to myself, so that where I am you may be also.”. (John 14:3)Eternal life begins NOW with Jesus. Jesus said, “I have come that they may have life and have it in abundance.”. (John 10:10)
How can a person have God’s forgiveness, eternal life, and heaven? By trusting Jesus as Lord and Savior.
Understanding what you have just read, would you like to receive this forgiveness by trusting Jesus as your Lord and Savior?
If your answer is yes, pray to Him now. The prayer doesn’t have to be exactly like this. It is just a guideline. The most important part of this prayer is that it comes from your heart.
Dear Lord Jesus,
I believe that you died on the cross for my sins and arose from the grave. I now ask you to forgive me of my sins and save my soul. Amen.
If you just trusted Jesus as your Lord and Savior, congratulations! You just made the most important decision of your eternity! God’s plan and desire for each of us as Christ followers is to grow in our journey of faith. We grow in our faith by: 1) reading the Bible, 2) praying, and 3) enjoying fellowship with other believers. Fellowship is found in a local church and we would love to be that church.
You can find a more detailed description of our beliefs within the “The Baptist Faith and Message”.